We have the luxury of utilizing the card kits from Love from Lizi, so we decided to create cards for military members & veterans. Unfortunately, this series has been met with mixed reviews on social media. We strongly believe in giving back at Platinum Peacock so we have no regrets. 🙂 If you’re interested, resources to send a card or letter to America’s Finest are listed in the previous blog post. However, we do not want to make anyone feel pressured!!!) Stay crafty, my friends!
It’s here, it’s here! Sketches are on paper as we were inspired to do a bit more with this kit than craft! The kit is very patriotic with different red, white and blue shades so we are going to send cards and letters to Active Duty military members and veterans, too. (Women can be overlooked while they’re deployed so there are options to spread the kindness of LFL Group!) You can drop a few cards at a VA Hospital & they’ll give it to someone not receiving a lot of support or mail. (Call ahead about their protocol as it can change for porous items.) Jen has enjoyed supporting the troops and veterans for well over a decade, so recommendations are based on personal experience & ease of use. It’s really easy to show our support with all of the tools available today! You can “adopt” someone to send letters, a few care packages (optional) to remind them that we have their backs while they serve to protect ours! If you live close to a training facility for the National Guard, a base, or USO, they are also good options to donate your time. Also, will recommend a few organizations for international outreach. Hope you join us by sending 1 card or letter!
Charities & Organizations to consider:
- AnySoldier.com (worldwide) They are a small organization with big heart! You can write 1 letter or a bunch to any military member & even
- Soldiers’ Angels: soldiersangels.org (You can “adopt” a military member from any branch, serving all over the world while they’re deployed. Or, you can join a card & crafts team that sends encouragement, thoughts and prayers, uplifting cards. A good reason to make cards! 🙂
- Honor Flight, honorflight.org Allowing the Greatest Generation to see Washington, D.C. & their monument
- the Salvation Army, salvationarmyusa.org (Veteran Affairs)
- Disabled Amarican Veterans, DAV http://www.dav.org
- Landstuhl Hospital Card Project, http://www.landstuhlhospitalcareproject.org
- No pressure, everyone!!!! We simply wanted to kick it up a notch with this kit! Cards coming soon, take care! ~The Platinum Peacock Team
(Mixed Media for Her 2) Also male friendly if you ask us!
When we decided to start a blog, we wanted it to be different. To be honest, we didn’t want to push new items constantly without trying our best to use the products in a creative way or technique(s). Crafting is a creative adventure to us, as one can always learn and discover a new craft, technique, and a world of products. In our opinion, this is why card kits are so popular. It’s really easy to move on when you have leftovers from a kit, but if you really love a kit, why not try to use it all? Enter our Nuvo Mousse watercolor technique! A damp finger dobber or make up sponge worked as our brush in this instance and watercolor paper are all you need to create this look with Nuvo mousse! You can use heavy cardstock if you don’t have watercolor paper. However, I opted to use my favorite affordable watercolor paper because I knew I’d be using multiple colors which would mean a bit more water for blending. *Another plus: the mousse allows you to build a bit of texture when you’re blending your color(s)! Win, Win! Stay Crafty, my friends! Thank you so much for your subscriptions & comments! It’s very encouraging! “Ingredients” listed below.
All Nuvo colors from top to bottom on card front: Lemon Sorbet, Indian Gold, Spring Green and Pacific Teal. Products for this card: Canson Watercolor Paper, Nuvo Broad Tip Glue Pen, matte medium, glossy accents, sanding tool from Prima, finger dobber & make up sponge, mini water bottle. Extra blue rhinestones & chipboard piece from LovefromLizi. Nuvo Mousse colors from LovefromLizi: Lemon Sorbet & Spring Green. Indian Gold & Pacific Teal were from Amazon.