It’s here, it’s here! Sketches are on paper as we were inspired to do a bit more with this kit than craft! The kit is very patriotic with different red, white and blue shades so we are going to send cards and letters to Active Duty military members and veterans, too. (Women can be overlooked while they’re deployed so there are options to spread the kindness of LFL Group!) You can drop a few cards at a VA Hospital & they’ll give it to someone not receiving a lot of support or mail. (Call ahead about their protocol as it can change for porous items.) Jen has enjoyed supporting the troops and veterans for well over a decade, so recommendations are based on personal experience & ease of use. It’s really easy to show our support with all of the tools available today! You can “adopt” someone to send letters, a few care packages (optional) to remind them that we have their backs while they serve to protect ours! If you live close to a training facility for the National Guard, a base, or USO, they are also good options to donate your time. Also, will recommend a few organizations for international outreach. Hope you join us by sending 1 card or letter!
Charities & Organizations to consider:
- AnySoldier.com (worldwide) They are a small organization with big heart! You can write 1 letter or a bunch to any military member & even
- Soldiers’ Angels: soldiersangels.org (You can “adopt” a military member from any branch, serving all over the world while they’re deployed. Or, you can join a card & crafts team that sends encouragement, thoughts and prayers, uplifting cards. A good reason to make cards! 🙂
- Honor Flight, honorflight.org Allowing the Greatest Generation to see Washington, D.C. & their monument
- the Salvation Army, salvationarmyusa.org (Veteran Affairs)
- Disabled Amarican Veterans, DAV http://www.dav.org
- Landstuhl Hospital Card Project, http://www.landstuhlhospitalcareproject.org
- No pressure, everyone!!!! We simply wanted to kick it up a notch with this kit! Cards coming soon, take care! ~The Platinum Peacock Team
2 thoughts on “Love from Lizi Unboxing: Doing more with your creative time”
Awesome kit! Love the stamps and dies! Lots of great embellishment items too!
Hi Ms. Denise! I’m glad to hear it! Hope you get some time to craft over the weekend! 🙂 That’s what we’re doing!