It’s that time of year when things start picking up in pace: kids are back in school, it may be warm out but we begin to think about the months ahead & maybe even plan! WELL let’s have a nod to fun color that’s grounded with gold foiling, wood prints & a soft chalkboard look… Oh and you’re never TOO OLD to play with Vicki Boutin’s art crayons & “Creative FX” glaze! I go over the glorious possibilities & simplicity of use with the next (7 minute!!!) video showing at least 6 techniques, with tips & tricks! Did I mention this kit has a FULL SIZE Lawn Fawn ink pad? Well, if 18 pieces of paper: 5 with gold foiling! from Jen Hadfield fun matching stamps & dies from Vicki Boutin Jen Hadfield & Vicki Boutin doesn’t get your attention, I hope that will! By the way, this kit is already limited. I strongly encourage you to consider subscribing to CEP’s box of fun! O.K…. watch the video(s) I’m posting today & leave a comment, don’t forget to like/subscribe! *hugs* Stay Crafty, my friends!
It’s here, it’s here! Sketches are on paper as we were inspired to do a bit more with this kit than craft! The kit is very patriotic with different red, white and blue shades so we are going to send cards and letters to Active Duty military members and veterans, too. (Women can be overlooked while they’re deployed so there are options to spread the kindness of LFL Group!) You can drop a few cards at a VA Hospital & they’ll give it to someone not receiving a lot of support or mail. (Call ahead about their protocol as it can change for porous items.) Jen has enjoyed supporting the troops and veterans for well over a decade, so recommendations are based on personal experience & ease of use. It’s really easy to show our support with all of the tools available today! You can “adopt” someone to send letters, a few care packages (optional) to remind them that we have their backs while they serve to protect ours! If you live close to a training facility for the National Guard, a base, or USO, they are also good options to donate your time. Also, will recommend a few organizations for international outreach. Hope you join us by sending 1 card or letter!
Charities & Organizations to consider:
- AnySoldier.com (worldwide) They are a small organization with big heart! You can write 1 letter or a bunch to any military member & even
- Soldiers’ Angels: soldiersangels.org (You can “adopt” a military member from any branch, serving all over the world while they’re deployed. Or, you can join a card & crafts team that sends encouragement, thoughts and prayers, uplifting cards. A good reason to make cards! 🙂
- Honor Flight, honorflight.org Allowing the Greatest Generation to see Washington, D.C. & their monument
- the Salvation Army, salvationarmyusa.org (Veteran Affairs)
- Disabled Amarican Veterans, DAV http://www.dav.org
- Landstuhl Hospital Card Project, http://www.landstuhlhospitalcareproject.org
- No pressure, everyone!!!! We simply wanted to kick it up a notch with this kit! Cards coming soon, take care! ~The Platinum Peacock Team
We have 5 very different and unique cards – from clean and simple, classic and even modern chic… There’s a card design for many occasions AND almost everything came from our stash! DO NOT FORGET there will be an announcement about our Love from Lizi Kit Giveaway on 5/15/2017! We have the honor of giving away an entire SOLD OUT kit from Love from Lizi, so stay tunned!
Happy Mother’s Day from the Platinum Peacock Team!